♥♥♥ LIVE WELL ~ LAUGH OFTEN ~ LOVE MUCH ~ & BE HAPPY ♥♥♥

“Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns & peace dwells." ~ Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, January 31, 2009

~Life of a Mom

This "Anita Renfroe" is amazing!!!! I LOVE to watch/listen to her.

I like the part..."I need some pepto bismal and I wish I had my mommy". She makes me feel good about myself.

My little one was standing behind me the other day and with loving words, a sweet smile, and sincere voice, he said "mom your rear end is growing"!!! K... how do I get mad at a six year old. Do I laugh or do I cry? I smiled back at him and bent down to his level and said with a sweet loving voice (and a forced smile), "You have a happy mommy and that's all that matters not what my rear end looks like!" He said, "OK" and off he ran to play. So I took my rear end out went outside to play...I mean exercise!

This one above I saw a long time ago! It is so true and funny. "Don't make me come down there!" I loved it.

This video below is so inspirational and beautiful. I love being a mom. I want to be a MOTHER WHO KNOWS don't you? Sister Beck is a lovely speaker. It's kinda long but so worth watching.


9 comments:

The six of us! said...

Ok I just had one of those moments myself from my 9 year old!!! It does make you lay off the cookies for a few days : )

Tiffani said...

what an awesome post shelli! it made me laugh and cry! i have never seen anita's performances before...they are so funny and true! and i love sister beck...i want to be a mother who knows also! i am so grateful to be a stay at home mom and for the gospel! i am ALSO grateful for almond joy candy!
: ) oh yummm! i loved anita's part of the song when she says, "the next time that i eat, oh you know it won't be fat free!" i LOVE it!

Melvin and Carly said...

Ha ha! Anita is so funny. The part your friend mentioned above was one of my favorites too.

And I so want to be one of the "mothers who know." Such a long way to go. I'm trying not to let the guilt I feel for not being one now KEEP me from getting there someday.

What a great post!

Anonymous said...

awesome! i love all the videos... laughs, tears, inspiration!!!!! i am inspired to lay off the food (yeah right) and be a mother who knows!!!!!!!!! i gotta get off this comupter and get to work now! thanks and i love u sister! xo

Tiffani said...

have you carved your name in some cheddar cheese today? : )

Anonymous said...

have you dug in your frig for some hidden frosting?

*Shelli* said...

YES & YES

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

What a sweet, fun post Shelli! Blakie is so funny! Loved your reply back! You are a good Mommy. Yes, it is wonderful to be a Mother and now a Grandmother. My cup overflows (LOL!), well ya know what I mean! Love ya! Mom xox

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

PS I love in Anita's video at the end, where a cow flys across the screen and it gives her the idea to eat chocolate syrup & whip cream together! Oh, the influence of the media! LOL!